Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sticking to my gunz

I have a lot of suppressed disrespect for many people I went to high school with. I disapproved of everything. I thought to myself, "you are hurting me the way you selfishly disregard me." There was strife at high school. Call it high strife. I questioned where the heads of my contemporaries were. Granted, I don't know where my head is or was, but I needed a reference point somewhere.

All I am trying to get at is a story I was told about an aggressive slacker, let's call him Dean, that in my eyes was both admired and feared. When a former schoolmate returned from his "rehab" program in Utah, there was a lot of excitement. He was the only one we knew who had a different recent adolescent experience than the rest of us.

Dean was blunt: "I'm sick of his negative shit."

In Their Eyes


No comments: