Thursday, February 26, 2009

it's cramping my style, dog

No distinguishing the boys from the scene here.



I guess part of the reason I admire the Beastie Boys is their ability to switch up styles without bating critics. God they've had so many different yet defining styles. Somehow their evolution never meant selling out. They didn't just change their clothes but also their attitudes. Which makes the achievement that much more bewildering.
It's as if their audience has more respect for them than they have for themselves. They've gotten worse no doubt. I won't post any of their really recent stuff.

1999:



They certainly don't belong to much anymore. From a rooftop to a river walk, PVC pipes to moonshoes, Kilts to onesies. No one is cramping this style. They keep each other good company.

O this makes me weary.

No comments: